In today’s episode, I welcome two of the visionaries behind an upcoming event that people in the food and beverage industry on Long Island and points beyond will not want to miss. Geared towards supporting businesses trying to sustain and grow, especially in the wake of Covid19, today’s guests have put together an innovative, free virtual trade show that chefs, food fans and pioneering businesses will not want to miss.
Michael Tucker of the Long Island Food Council and Cynthia Colon of the Manufacturing & Technology Resource Consortium (MTRC) at Stony Brook University have partnered to develop the “Rise of the Urban Foodscape” expo, which will take place Feb. 24th from 9a-12p. Using technology that’s simple, accessible and highly interactive, they’re inviting vendors and buyers, industry experts, product promoters and anyone else connected with the food and beverage industry to gather for a networking event designed to help launch, promote and extend manufacturing ventures in Nassau or Suffolk counties, and beyond. Among the many
compelling opportunities and reasons to attend:
- Eligible exhibitors will be entered in a drawing for a grant
supporting up to $10k in virtual services through your regional MEP Center
- Exhibit from a virtual table or walk the virtual tradeshow floor
as an attendee
- Promote your company’s products and discover potential new
- Meet buyers, suppliers, and industry experts without ever leaving
your office or facility
- Connect with NYS resources who are helping food and beverage
- Gain insights from our keynote speaker, organizers, and event
If you’re involved with the food and beverage industry, or wish to be, you’ll enjoy the conversation with these two advocates. Enjoy learning about the Long Island Food Council, the partnerships, grants and other support services offered by the MTRC and details about their exciting Feb. 24th joint virtual event.
Learn more or register for the “Rise of the Urban Foodscape” expo here. Get to know FuzeHub and the work they do on behalf of New York State’s manufacturing industry at: https://fuzehub.com
Watch the Interview w/ the Long Island Food Council & MTRC
- Michael provides background about the LI Food Council’s purpose and mission.
- Pivoting during a time of pandemic – struggles and new collaborations.
- Cynthia explains the MTRC, its vision and projects supporting manufacturers.
- Criteria required to qualify for MTRC support (including proper licensing).
- How “Rise of the Urban Foodscape” came together and what the virtual expo event will offer as a B-to-B event supporting partnership and shared expertise.
- The Urban Foodscape virtual event’s platform will offer those in the food and beverage industry on Long Island and surrounding areas an important forum for exchange.
- Businesses that should consider attending or exhibiting and how the platform works to mimic a live, in-person trade show.